Your support with your child’s education is extremely important to us and makes a huge difference. This page contains some of the information that you need.
You will find more under the Our School section. To keep updated with news please make sure that we have your current details, especially for text messaging.
We appreciate feedback on our website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For current term dates, please click here.
The lunch provided in our school consists of a hot two-course meal, offering a choice of main courses, vegetables, salads and desserts. A cold lunchbox option is also available. Cost (for Years 3-6) is just £2.35 per meal, which is exempt from VAT. The menu for the week to come is displayed in the noticeboard as you come into school.
The menus are designed to be tempting and healthy and offer choice for vegetarians with some special diets available.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS – ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO GET FUNDING FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS AND MORE?
Pupil Premium provides the school with vital funding. Without this money, we are unable to sustain the MANY things that our school offers. Without Pupil Premium for example, we would not be able to sustain:
- the current level of staffing (Teaching Assistants and Individual Needs Assistants)
- additional learning support (e.g. one-to-one, small group tuition, intervention programmes)
- specialist teachers for subjects such as Physical Education, Competitive Sport, Music
- Additional wrap-around care services such as Breakfast Club which enable the school to be open from 7:30am
- Subsidy of some school trips
By completing this form, you will gain MUCH more than just receiving free school meals for your child. By completing the application form your child may also personally receive extra funding that may be used for a variety of reasons, including some of the following:
- Subsidised school trips
- Free Breakfast Club
- Extra one-to-one and small group support for learning in the core subjects of English and Mathematics
- Purchase of specialist resources to support your child’s learning needs
- school uniform
Universal Infant Free School Meals were introduced from September 2014 for ALL children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2– this means children in these year groups are automatically entitled to having a free dinner at lunchtime. If you are eligible and don’t complete the application form however, your child will miss out on the above.
For parents/carers of children in Reception to Year 6, if you are entitled to ANY ONE of the following benefits please ensure you complete an application form straight away:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
To apply for Free School Meals please click here www.suffolk.gov.uk/freeschoolm
For more information on Pupil Premium please click here.
Please click here to read a letter from Sir Steve Lancashire, REAch2 Academy Trust, Chief Executive Officer re school closures.
Please click here to read UK Coronavirus update – school closure to most pupils letter – dated 22/03/2020
Please log on to parent view and let us know what you think about the learning experiences children have at Beccles Primary Academy. We are always striving to improve and believe through hard work and a dedicated team of professionals, we provide a good learning education for the children.
Parent view gives you the chance to express your views about Beccles Primary Academy, from the quality of teaching to the learning opportunities that the school provides and the learning environment.
Sign up to the PiXL Times Tables App to help your child with their learning by following this link https://timestable.pixl.org.uk/
The App will provide the following –
1) Knowledge. This allows students to practice any times table up to 12×12 using the app without any time limit. They can use the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrows to increase or decrease the times table that they want to focus on.
2) Time attack. Similar to the ‘Knowledge’ section but they will have either 5 seconds or their last recorded time to be able to complete the question.
3) The test. Students will have 5 seconds to answer a structured sequence of questions.
4) Trophies. This feature outlines all of the achievements of the user. If the user secures a significant confidence level with a particular times table, they will be awarded a trophy.
5) Fastest times. This allows students to see where they are in terms of their class and the time taken to complete a particular times table. For staff, they will get a wider view of all classes and years.
6) Raft run. Similar to the ‘Knowledge’ section but with a slight difference, students compete against other students in a race!
7) Results analysis. This is a covey board of all results and really highlights the strengths and weaknesses of every user of the app, filtered by year and times table.
From September 2016, Beccles Primary Academy will begin using an online payments system called ‘School Money’. This will to enable parents to make payments directly to school from their laptop, mobile phone, tablet or home computer.
Payments can be made easily and securely for dinner money, school trips and after school clubs using your debit or credit card. This takes the hassle out of paying by cash or cheque at the school office!
You can check your child’s account and view their payment history online, keeping up to date with all the transactions that have been made.
We are always looking for volunteers to join the committee and help out with events. For more information, please see the office who can put you in touch with a ‘Friend’.
In the rare event that we have to close the school, for example due to inclement weather, this is where you can find the latest information.
- BBC Radio Suffolk 95.5FM
- Heart East Anglia 102.4FM/DAB